We are currently seeking members to fill Ambassador and Network roles:
OASW is seeking members who are interested in collaborating and strengthening professional networks for social workers and social work students in their communities to apply to be a Local Engagement Ambassador (LEA) or part of the Local Engagement Network (LEN)!
Looking for Local Engagement Networks Members in:
- Guelph & Area
- York Region & Area
- Halton Region
- Hamilton & Area
- Kingston & Area
- Kitchener/Waterloo & Area
- Timmins & Area
Looking for Local Engagement Ambassadors in:
- Mississauga & Area
- North Bay & Area
- Scarborough & Area
- Other interested communities!
Competencies & Experience:
- An active OASW member in good standing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Friendly, energetic, outgoing and comfortable engaging with new people in various community settings
- Ability to communicate the value of OASW membership and benefits
- Members of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, health statuses, gender identities and expressions, and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply
As a Local Ambassador you will benefit from:
- Dedicated support and mentorship from OASW’s full-time Engagement & Outreach Associate.
- Orientation kits and tools designed to support your leadership in the role.
- Regular opportunities to liaise with other LEAs from across the province to share knowledge, skills and ideas.
Together with the Local Engagement Network, Ambassadors will be asked to host 2-4 events in their community per year. The size and scale of these events will be determined by your available time and in collaboration with OASW’s Engagement & Outreach Associate. Minimum time commitment of 40 hours annually. A Local Engagement Ambassador’s term length is one year.
This program will provide an opportunity to extend your professional network, mentor leaders of tomorrow, bring people together, strengthen your leadership skills and keep your local community vibrant. Contact us to learn more!