Inspirational Leader Award
Purpose: To feature social workers who are inspirational role models.
Description: This award is presented to individuals whose current contribution to the profession inspires others and whose professional conduct serves as a role model for those working in the field of social work.
Eligibility: All candidates must be members of OASW and must be registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Inspires others through their leadership, optimism and innovation in addressing situations/problems.
- Practice or contribution exemplifies the theme of Social Work Week.
- Other attributes/contributions such as work that addresses diversity, leadership at a pivotal time for the profession or public.
- Should candidates tie, a fourth criterion can be applied:
- Represents a unique or under-represented practice sector.
Nomination and Selection Process: In 2022, we are seeking nominees who inspire others through their leadership, optimism and innovation, and exemplify this year’s Social Work Week theme of #MoreThanEver: Mental Health Access for All and/or Social Workers. Here for You.
OASW members can nominate candidates for this award by filling out our quick and simple online form below.
OASW’s Awards Committee will review all nominations. The award will be presented at the OASW’s 2022 Annual General Meeting on May 13, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Nomination Deadline: April 21, 2022
SUBMIT A NOMINATION